Valve PackingsAdvantages Valve Sealing Technology Product Selection Product Information Installation
- Slade braided graphite foil is API Fire Test Certified
- API 589 First Edition
- API 607 Fourth Edition (modified by EXXON Specs)
- Tested by Southwest Research Institute
- Witnessed by 3 EXXON Engineers
- Temperatures to 1800°F/1000°C
- Tested at 5% of allowable standard
- Performed under a grant from the American Petroleum Institute
- Warning: Valves sealed with packings containing lubricants or blocking agents (PTFE) may cause secondary fires when exposed to the intense heat of a fire in another unit, which would cause packing shrinkage and leakage of flammable fluids causing a secondary fire.
- SLADE Patented Packings: rated FIRE SAFE
- PERF Emission Standards
- Contact Slade for documentation
- EXXON-Emission Report:
- Emission tests, performed at a leading petroleum company's test facility in Florham Park, NJ (using PERF procedures and standards), show that Slade patented, reinforced braided graphite foil outperformed standard die-formed graphite sealing rings.
- Slade reduced emissions by 74%.
- Corpus Report:
- A major Gulf Coast, USA refinery reports that 96% of the 325 valves packed with slade reported zero ppm emissions. Most of these valves were packed in the field by inexperienced installers.
- Cambridge Report:
- A major USA West Coast refinery reports that after 5 years, 96% of the 282 field installed valves were at zero emissions and that the 3,000 psi hydrogen control valves never went over 9 ppm during the 5 year test. Most of these valves were packed in the field.
All claims made herein are documented.
- Gate Valves
- Globe Valves
- Pinch Valves
- Diaphram Valves
- Needle Valves
- Plug Valves
- Butterfly Valves
- Ball Valves
- Check Valves
- Relief Valves
- Control Valves
- Knife Valves
- Enviro-Foil Valve Spacer Bushing
- Vapor Depositioned 3300G Valve Spacer Bushing
|3300CJ - Slade's Anti-Extrusion Carbon Fiber Packing|
|Description:||Carbon jacketed 3300C|
|Pressures:||Valves to 1000 psi/ 70 bar (for higher pressures, consult factory)|
|Application:||Used as anti-extrusion end ring|
|Advantages of Using Slade 3300G Valve Packing|
- Seals Fugitive Emissions to below 50 PPM !
- Puts anti-extrusion into each ring (as opposed to just top or bottom)
- Puts the tensile strength of graphite fiber into the sealability of flexible graphite (see next slide)
- Reduces inventory and cost:
- By eliminating die-formed rings for each size
- By having a few standard sizes for all valves and pumps
- By not ruining an entire packing set because of one ruined ring ( sets not required )
- In many applications, no need to remove old packing, just add ring
- No End-Rings required! Puts wiping action in each ring to prevent build-up of graphite particles at top and bottom rings and the loss of volume in between
- Extremely high tensile strengths achieved with carbon/graphite core and corners
- No risk of misplacement of the anti-extrusion rings (each ring acts as an anti-extrusion device no matter where you put it). Fewer installation errors
- High operating temperatures (typically: 1,800° F )
- Conforms to the geometry of the stuffing box and stem; undersized or worn stems and shafts easily sealed
- "Live-loading" not required (no weight loss at temperatures up to 1,000 degrees F).
- Seals pressures to 5,000 PSI in Valves, without special rings
- Highly polished surfaces are not required since natural, exfoliated graphite fills in the interstices of rougher surfaces, providing a lubricated surface: graphite against graphite (recommendations are RMS. 16 to 32)
- Handles media within full 1-14 pH
|Enviro-Foil™ Spacer Bushings|
New Enviro-Foil spacer bushings replace carbon bushings for Slade’s valve repair customers.
Slade’s patented technology for metallic foil inserted braiding yarns eliminates the machined carbon bushings used as spacers in stuffing boxes.
EPRI (Electrical Power Research Institute) has proven that using more than five rings of packing reduces the sealing capability of all valve packings. Machined carbon bushings are used to act as space fillers to improve valve-sealing performance.
Slade’s patented technology, has lead to the development of a simpler spacer system that is more user friendly.
Available in pre-formed rings.
Also excellent as an Anti-Extrusion Ring!!!
|Vapor Depositioned 3300G ™Spacer Bushings|
The Vapor Depositioned 3300G Spacer Bushing (VDG-3300G) is a densely die-formed bushing of braided yarns of graphite foil reinforced with carbon fiber.
This VDG-3300G is a non-metallic bushing that may be used in automatic control valve applications. Contact the factory.
Also HINGED for easy installation!
- Check clearances and dimensions
- Best to use no more than 5 sealing rings in stuffing box (use Slade's Enviro-Foil Spacer Bushings to reduce rings)
- Cut sealing rings on the bias (45° angle), stagger joints
- Compress each sealing ring 25%-30% (use packing compressors as needed). Do not compress spacer bushings.
- Loosen gland to allow it to relax
- Snug the gland bolts